Our client is a market leader in the development and supply of advanced POS Products and industrial weigh labelling equipment into the worlds food processing industries and major retailers. They are a solutions provider to the major retail industry for Point-of-Sale products. They have been at the forefront of POS & weigh price labelling technology for many years. Their products are used by many of the world’s leading global food processing and distribution companies.
Reporting to the Head of Technology the Software Engineer will undertake programming on products and providing customer support as and when required.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The Software Engineer performs the major functions listed below. The position may require additional duties/responsibilities that may not be outlined below, and specific functions are subject to change.
- Writing software for existing products, future products and customer specific projects utilising the most up to date technical tools available.
- Proactive assessment of technical tools available on the market and the recommendation of best practice solutions for consideration by the Head of Technology.
- Ensuring all protocol documents are kept up to date.
- Production of documentation on interfaces with various other sources.
- Creation of test plans for new product development.
- Undertaking testing of products, liaising with Software Support Engineer.
- Creation of documentation for the Production Team to enable them to load software on to machines.
- Establish when there are issues whether it is a software ‘bug’ or and enhancement is required.
- Liaison with Sales to enable them to re-quote if enhancements are required.
- Provision of tools to enable the Production Team to program hardware as required during the Production process.
- Undertaking internal customer support for the Production Team to cover areas such as fault finding, hardware versus software and the rectification of issues.
- Second line support on software to customers, distributors, and Service Team.
- Attendance at exhibitions if required to provide support and customer liaison.
- Provide support for all staff in keeping with the businesses values, policies, and procedures.
- Complete all documents required by the company policies and procedures.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary to achieve the objectives of the Technology team and the business goals.
- always Working within Health & Safety procedures and Risk Assessment guidelines.
The ideal candidate will have experience of the following
- Embeeded Code
- Web based
- Delphi | C++ | C# | JAVA | HTML | Python
- Operating systems knowledge – Windows | Android | Linux
- Emphasis on Modern Programming languages
They are looking for ambitious people to join them. If you want to be a key player in their future success and believe you have the drive and skills to join their dynamic team at this exciting time of growth, this could be the role for you