Our client is a well renowned brand and well-established oral healthcare business. With a strong reputation for innovation and quality the company is a leading player across the oral care sector, with product ranges covering toothpaste, floss and interdental products, mouthwash as well as the latest manual toothbrushes.
As part of the ongoing strategic development plan at the company they currently have an exciting opportunity for the right person to join the business as Operations Manager.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is an excellent opportunity to lead the stock management, sales admin and logistics functions whilst contributing to the overall commercial success of the business. The successful candidate will be highly motivated with excellent analytical, organisational and communication skills together with the ability to lead a multi-functional team. Already an experienced operations professional able to demonstrate a good level of success in your career to date.
Overall Objectives of the role
To support the commercial objectives of the business by delivering overall excellence in customer service, striving to deliver orders on time and in full by managing the demand planning, supply planning and flow planning of inventory from supplier to customer while maximising costs efficiency and managing inventory cash flow.
- Management of a multi-functional team across 3 departments; inbound logistics, outbound logistics and customer services with a total of 11 employees including 3 direct reports on two adjacent sites.
- The overall business demand sales forecast including the forecasting for selected major customers accounts using available sales data and forward information in conjunction with the respective account manager/s, plus overseeing the forecast across other customers as input by the individual account managers.
- Managing sku change overs, introductions, terminations and product specification introductions and changes in the forecast with the NPD team.
- Communication of the long term forecast to product supply partners, placing purchase orders for stocks to meet the demand sales forecast and following up with the inbound logistics team to ensure the required levels of safety stocks and customer service are achieved in conjunction with the warehouse and sales admin teams.
- Communication of the long term sales forecast to key stakeholders within the business including where necessary any stock shortages and required short term restrictions, plus ad hoc reports on product availability for the NPD, sales and marketing teams.
- Management of the customer services team who receive customer orders, record promotional costs and prices, and deal with credits. The team is also responsible for receiving consumer queries or complaints
- Facilities management inclusive of maintenance, security and safety of the business premises to include capex, authorising repairs, rates, neighbour disputes, fire and security systems, energy suppliers, boiler maintenance and health and safety. Liaising with third party agents including property managers in relation to Company tenants.
- Contributing to the improvement of systems and processes.
Specific requirement considered essential for the role:
- Graduate qualification within a relevant subject
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and sustain relationships both internal and external
- Strong organisational ability
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Analytical proficiency with the ability to manipulate data effectively and accurately with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A very good standard of PC / Microsoft Office packages in particular EXCEL
- Knowledge of SAP Business 1 and Crystal reports would be beneficial.
- Full UK driving license
- Ideally live within a 1 hour commute from our offices in West Suffolk
Our client was established over 225 years ago, and is globally recognised as the inventor of the modern day toothbrush. Since that historical beginning, the company has dedicated itself to delivering expertly designed oral care products. This is an excellent opportunity where you will be given strong areas for development and have the opportunity to work with a major brand and take your career to the next level.