Manufacturing Operations Manager | High Tech Machinery | Food Industry
Our client is a Global Organisation with a turnover in excess of $1 billion worldwide, and around 3600 employees, they are now moving into a new phase of their growth within the UK.
They have an exciting investment programme to grow, building on the success of their industrial business, they are now moving forward to take their exciting products into the retail, hospitality and logistics sectors and expanding their presence in the UK market. Their team are based on their site near Cambridge.
As Manufacturing Operations Manager you will be targeted with running the manufacturing operations of a specific autonomous business area with overall accountability for ensuring the facilities and tools are available to meet customer expectations in terms of quality and delivery, sales and margin performance and driving forward lean manufacturing strategies within the area.
Due to the often specialist nature of the work, this will encompass direct customer contact with some of the leading names in industry and working internally with Project Managers and planning to recognise and deliver the project requirements, from initial concept stage, through development / implementation to successful customer delivery.
Through a framework of Team Leaders for each specific product group area you will contribute to the strategic planning process of developing and implementing the operations strategy across the assembly manufacturing unit.
Reporting into the Managing Director, the role will encompass:
- Planning and managing resources and costs to ensure on time delivery of products within budget
- Motivating and performance management of your team in assembly to ensure a consistent, high-quality output and create a high performing environment
- New Product Introduction – lead the process and people elements of NPI
- Ensure demand is managed by working with the planning team to align resources, ensure inventory in minimised and on time delivery (OTD)
- Management of supply chain and logistics issues
- Co-ordinates cross functional requirements to meet demand including quality, engineering, purchasing compliance and supply chain
- Utilising manufacturing tools and techniques to help drive continuous improvement through the team towards operational excellence
- Experience of team management/leadership
- Improvement in Collaborative Planning / S&OP by linking Supply Chain, Purchasing, Production and Engineering functions, Supplier Management, New Supplier Evaluation and Contract Negotiation
- Support the development of manufacturing and supply chain strategies
- Managing day to day running of the logistics function
- Purchasing & production planning
- Forecasting and monitoring inventory levels • Ensuring goods are stored safely & securely
- Mentoring warehouse team, offering training and support where required
- Capacity and capability planning to meet customer requirements
- Implementation of Lean techniques and principles across manufacture
- Identification of opportunities for continuous improvement and waste elimination through application of six sigma and defect analysis
- Optimization of business performance.
- Bachelors/Masters in Engineering or related subject or equivalent relevant experience
- Experience in manufacturing environment is important – setting up production lines and continuous improvement processes here is ideal
- Excellent knowledge of lean principals and the latest manufacturing techniques gained within a low / medium volume mechanical assembly environment coupled with demonstrable management experience essential.
- Global export and shipping logistics experience with import and export regulations knowledge desirable
- A solid background in manufacturing
- The role is likely to suit an individual looking to take on an autonomous section of the business and maximize its potential utilising their leadership, technical ability and tenacity.
As a Global Organisation with a turnover of £622 million worldwide, and around 3600 employees, our client is now moving into a new phase of growth within the UK. They have an exciting investment programme to grow, building on the success of their industrial business, they are now moving forward to extend their distributor channel globally
They are looking for ambitious people to join them. If you want to be a key player in their future success and believe you have the drive and skills to join their dynamic team at this exciting time of growth, then please do get in touch?