UK Marketing & Promotions Manager (FMCG Food)
Our client is one of the fastest growing natural pet food companies in the United States. Founded in 2006, they have revolutionized the US pet food market with their fresh, refrigerated dog & cat food. Their natural product range is available in 16,000+ stores and they are selling 3 of the top 10 fastest selling products in their segment, their product is the savvy, health conscience pet parent’s brand of choice.
After a successful UK test market, they are now launching their full range of pet food products in the UK in the Spring of 2017 with plans for more expansion in the Autumn. This is a really exciting and rare opportunity for a Marketing Manager to work on an emerging, high growth brand, backed by an established company with 10 years of success. We are seeking an independent and highly driven Marketing Manager who is a self-starter, and who will lead their understanding of the UK market and the product’s, whilst navigating the everyday challenges of growing a new brand.
This position will report to the VP of Marketing in the US, but will work closely in the UK with the General Manager / Co-Founder.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with US team to adapt US strategy and positioning to UK Market
- Creation and execution of UK specific marketing plan including but not limited to:
- Customer Marketing (Tesco, ASDA) – Club Card, Instore Demonstrations, Mailings, Sampling
- Experiential / Events – Sampling, Pet / Community Events
- Digital (Owned, Earned, Paid) – Setting strategy, managing internal resources / agency for social & paid
- Consumer Care – Implementing best practices to ensure positive consumer interactions
- Public Relations – Partnering with their UK PR Agency to develop strategy around key trade and consumer
- Consumer Insights – Collaborate to understand, align and activate against target consumer behavior and insights
- Data Analysis – Analysis of all sales, market and consumer research data to manage and advance the brand, and develop/implement recommendations as needed to address business issues and drive sales.
- Evaluate progress against plan and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Analyze brand business results and marketplace dynamics to provide on-going marketing mix recommendations.
- Frequently communicate opportunities and risks.
- Energetic, driven and passionate about creating a new brand in the UK market
- A problem solver, big and small, strategic and tactical, who can figure things out
- Enjoy being “Hands On”, willing and excited to work across multiple departments i.e. Sales, Operation and Finance
- Highly organized with an ability to execute, not just direct
- Comfortable with ambiguity and quickly changing priorities
- Degree educated
- You will have at least 5 Years’ experience of marketing in consumer packaged goods, pet food or fresh food, this would be a plus
- Have experience of managing a UK Consume Brand within FMCG Food
- Travel will be required.
About The Company
This is such an amazing opportunity to join a small group of passionate, pet lovers, who believe in putting the needs of pets and their pet parents first.
The company is growing fast and this will give you the chance to take your career to the next level, whereby you will be part of this driven team to make this the brand of choice in the petfood industry within the UK.
Completely committed to:
Pets – They strive to create the freshest, best foods available, constantly challenging themselves to find ways to improve the lives of pets and pet parents. Supporting pets in need (They have donated over 2.8 million meals) or sponsoring canine cancer research are just some examples of their commitment.
People – They support and empower their team members with great benefits and competitive pay.
Planet – They make all their food at their own wind powered and zero landfill Kitchens. They give back to ensure a healthy planet, including tree planting and supporting wildlife reserves.