Service Delivery / Customer Service Manager (Technology Solutions)
Our client is a an established provider of class-leading technology solutions to major organisations in fast moving industries in the UK from retail, warehousing, logistics and hospitality to healthcare, they focus on business improvement, with their mobile technology driven solutions delivering increased productivity and a competitive edge.
They are now seeking a highly driven Service Delivery Manager to manage their Service Desk, Installation and Commercial Administration resources to coordinate effective and efficient service delivery, completion of installations, and processing of customer orders. This is a very customer service focused role.
Reporting into the General Manager your key responsibilities will be:
- Understand the services provided by the Company to customers, and drive a proactive, innovative and “can do” approach within the team to support the business in delivering those services.
- Identify appropriate and effective process changes, methodologies, skills and tools to help the team deliver more effectively.
- Set objectives for support, and manage performance of team members
- Motivate and develop staff in order to maximise their contribution to the business.
- Attend key internal and external meetings to represent the team and business.
- Produce key service metrics that demonstrate critical service activities and adherence to Service Level Agreements.
- Identify and deliver controls to provide early warning of issues before they become incidents.
- Supports the General Manager in day to day activities
- Manage the process of maintaining an up to date ERP system including accurate records of sales and service history.
- Escalate to the appropriate Department Heads, all orders that are at risk of not being fulfilled to the customer’s specification of time scales.
- Ability to interact and forge strong working relationships with all Company employees.
- Ensure that all Service and Installation work is planned, attended and signed off in a timely manner.
- Support the Sales Team through effective account administration and coordination.
- Control spend with external resources including invoice validation.
Other duties & responsibilities
- Promote and maintain effective relationships throughout the business.
- Continually improve efficiency and customer service.
- Ensure that ISO requirements are met to maintain Company accreditation.
- Ensure that all requirements under Health & Safety legislation are actively adhered to.
- Any other reasonable request by the General Manager
About you – skills and attributes
- Strong people management skills
- Ability to manage and lead permanent and temporary staff and subcontractors.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective use of business analytics to deliver business goals.
- Must be detail orientated and articulate with strong time management and organisational skills.
- Excellent administration skills.
- Able to manage implementing Service Improvement initiatives.
- Ability to establish and maintain a positive working relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Able to implement and / or improve processes
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with a structured approach to work
- Able to react swiftly to issues as they arise as well as proactively improve services
- Able to understand what is important to customers and internal colleagues.
- Unfazed by obstacles and issues; remains focused to deliver whilst under pressure and despite setbacks.
- Experience of managing a Customer Service Centre
Our client was established 250 years ago in London, and is a privately owned technology business employing 173 staff from all over the UK, who either work at their Head Office near Cambridge or form part of their teams based around the UK. Established to take advantage of their extensive retail experience they work with leading suppliers to provide retailers with the latest technology and innovation in the fields of labelling and in store operations. Part of what makes their client as successful as they are is the highly motivated people who work there and their enthusiasm for providing their clients with the solutions they need. They recruit individuals whose honesty, integrity, initiative and creative approach to problem solving shines through.