Relationship Manager (Suppliers & Partners)
Our client is a well-established business with over 250 year’s expertise in technology solutions across a variety of industry sectors to include FMCG, Retail & IT with a healthy turnover of £10m.
They are looking for a highly driven Relationship Manager with gravitas and tenacity to manage a portfolio of suppliers and Partners, providing accurate, timely and cost effective procurement to support the needs of the business and its customers.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement your main responsibilities will be:
- Establishing supplier relationship management with key partners and suppliers through face to face meetings and via the telephone.
- Reviewing and negotiating commercial terms.
- Evaluating and monitoring supplier performance, including cost, quality, delivery and service. Ensure compliance with agreed contract terms.
- Timely and accurate update of KPIs and other reports.
- Identification of cost reduction opportunities within the supply chain.
- Administration of the reject process – supplier feedback – corrective actions.
- Working with cross functional teams to deliver specific projects.
- Assisting the Head of Procurement with enquiries from the Sales Teams.
- Prompt price and delivery info for the New Business Team.
- Deal registration.
- Effective storage and retrieval of quote information.
- Maintaining price exceptions.
- Identify parts that need purchasing to satisfy Sales orders.
- Buying parts for stock (Production and Service) and progressing purchase orders.
- Cash requirements forecast for outstanding purchases.
- Import and Export paperwork. Determination of duty rates and tariff codes.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience required:
- Degree qualified, CIPS or similar, 2-5 years plus exposure within a Purchasing/Buyer role
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Ability to adapt to different client needs and to develop and maintain successful working relationships
- A good standard of numeracy in order to analyse facts and figures
- A strong flair for negotiation and networking
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- A confident and mature manner
- Tact and diplomacy
This is a varied role where you will be liaising between suppliers, partners, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers, identifying potential suppliers, visiting existing suppliers, and building and maintaining good relationships with them as well as negotiating and agreeing contracts and monitoring their progress, checking the quality of service provided.