Procurement and Supplier Manager | CIPS | Electronics | Food Processing |
Our client is a market leader in the development and supply of advanced industrial electronic point of sale products and weigh labelling equipment into the worlds food processing industries and major retailers.
They produce weigh price labelling equipment for a wide range of food processing environments; from the red meat sector to poultry, fish, vegetables, dairy, bakeries and ready meals, including many different classifications of world industry from leading industrial corporations to small local retail supply outlets as well as POS products into the major multiple retailers.
They have been at the forefront of weigh price labelling technology for many years. Their products are used by many of the world’s leading global food processing and distribution companies.
Reporting into the Operations Director the Procurement and Supplier Manager will be responsible for buying all products and services for the business
The role & responsibilities
The Senior Procurement and Supplier Manager performs the major functions listed below.
- Identify potential suppliers, developing supplier relationships and managing key suppliers taking consideration for the capacity of key supplier, monitoring quality and cost performance and negotiating and delivering continuous improvement.
- Reviewing the marketplace to determine potential alternative products/suppliers.
- Responsible for assessing and evaluating all suppliers and contributing to performance reviews to ensure contract and quality compliance.
- Responsible for preparing and raising purchase orders and order schedules.
- Working alongside the Production and Facilities Manager to ensure stock levels are maintained in line with forecasts and long lead time items
- Identifying solutions to resolve supply issues with the management team.
- Provide analysis of purchasing trends to Senior Management.
- Ensure that all areas of procurement are covered by negotiated contracts and ensure that the purchasing expenditure remains under control.
- Maintains control of orders, shipping notices and other documents to ensure accurate retention of records.
- Evaluation of stock verses capital investment.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be acceptable, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Qualified to degree level with membership of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS qualified).
- Experience of interfacing with suppliers and developing supplier relationships.
- Experience of using Microsoft Dynamics ERP is essential.
- Valid driving licence and good driving record is required.
- Experience within a manufacturing organisation.
- Proven record of being reliable and accountable for all aspects of their job.
- Proficient level of computer skills including MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, self-directed, entrepreneurial environment.
- Resourceful, with the ability to work independently.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances.
- Decision making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task activities with shifting priorities.
- Able to work productively in a pressurised environment.
- Ethical and trustworthy.
- To work as part of a team
As a Global Organisation with a turnover in excess of a billion worldwide, and around 3750 employees, they are continuing their growth within the UK.
They have an exciting investment programme to grow, building on the success of their industrial business, taking forward their exciting products into the retail, hospitality and logistics sectors and expanding their presence in the UK market. The team are based on their site near Cambridge.
They are looking for ambitious people to join them. If you want to be a key player in their future success and believe you have the drive and skills to join their dynamic team at this exciting time of growth then get in touch?