PHP Developer and Support
Our client is one of Europe’s Leading M2M & IoT Providers. SIM Connectivity In 190 Countries. Active In 190 Countries. Over 6m Devices Connected. They work across all market segments, delivering complete M2M/IoT managed services for mobile and satellite wireless networks plus fixed line solutions. As well as multi-industry sector expertise, their core strength is their ability to overlay their private secure infrastructure across all the global mobile networks.
Primary Job Functions
- Be a key part of the Development support team
- Support and enhance existing applications and respond to issues raised by internal users and customers
- Evaluate issues and write appropriate code changes / tests ready for release
- Assist in the process of testing and releasing code
- Working in a small development support team taking responsibility for all aspectsof support and issue remedy
- At least 3+ years OO PHP 5 experience
- Symfony 2,3 or 4
- Working knowledge of MVC and other common design patterns
- Git/Bitbucket code management
- Designing and developing SQL queries
- RabbitMQ or similar messaging platform
- Apache Solr
- 3+ years of PHP development
- 2+ Symfony Framework
- Typically the role will be home based with some attendance in the office required from time to time.
Why work with them
- The opportunity to work for an entrepreneurial Company
- Full training, ongoing support, and the tools you need to grow and develop in your role
- We are a company with a heart and who genuinely values and respects its employees
In addition, we provide the following benefits:
- 25 days holiday
- Group Company Pension Scheme
- Private Medical Insurance
- Up to 50% off an annual Pure Gym membership
- Dental cover
- Doctor at Hand (online GP service)
- Enhanced Paternity Leave
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Onsite parking
- Onsite gym
- Access to a variety of online discounts on major retailers
- Employee assistance program
A new thing, device or asset is connected to their cellular platform every 18 seconds of every day. And today, the Group has over 6 million IoT SIM subscriptions active in 165 countries, with collaborative partnerships that provide reach into more than 750 global networks.
The group is entirely customer and market-driven, meeting customers where they are to help them innovate by providing expert service and the most flexible, resilient and secure connectivity solutions in the market.
Their purpose-built IoT connectivity platforms connect (globally and locally) across multiple mobile networks and technologies to give customers a single management window for their assets. It provides the ultimate connectivity, control and security.