Business Development Manager | Retail | Weighing | Labelling | Wrappers | ESL – North West
Our client is a market leader in the development, manufacture and supply of advanced Weighing, Labelling and Automatic Wrapping products into the Major Multiple Retailers. They also manufacture a range of other, associated products, including Electronic Shelf Labels.
Due to exciting growth, they are now expanding a newly launched Retail business and are seeking a highly driven and entrepreneurial Business Development Manager.
Reporting to the Head of Retail Sales – UK you will play a foundational role in establishing their presence within the UK retail market. Developing and utilising relationships with customers to offer them a best in class solution, saving labour and enhancing consumer experiences. Working alongside the Head of Retail Sales to deliver the Retail Strategy into the sector.
The Business Development Manager – Retail, performs the major functions listed below.
- Lead all Retail sales activities in the designated geographical area into the sector, offering the full range of portfolio available. Achieve and surpass sales targets for the sector.
- Live maintenance of CRM system, keeping contacts, and won/lost opportunities up to date.
- Work with Retail Technical team to ensure solutions launched are sustainable, fit for purpose and supportable in the field
- Develop a sustainable sales strategy to penetrate the sector for the designated geographical area, by specific product.
- Sell service at the point of sale – be part of developing a contract portfolio suitable for the market
- Assist Head of Retail Sales in building and growing a third party supplementary offering to the market
- Work closely with and support service department as required
- Be the “go to” contact for problem resolution within your account base, being swift and conclusive in response.
- Liaising with the Administration Team in the processing of the incoming orders and despatch to the customer.
- Liaising with Head of Retail Sales/Marketing to help develop and support strategy to market, market presence, brand awareness, social media presence and digital footprint
- Attending and where appropriate exhibiting at domestic trade shows and events – occasional overnight stays required.
- Undertake additional tasks and responsibilities as may be reasonably expected of the role and as necessary in order to achieve the objectives of the Sales team and the business goals.
Qualifications & Skills Requirements
The following qualifications are the minimum requirements to successfully perform this role. However, any equivalent combination of experience, education and training, which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities would be considered, subject to any legal and/or regulatory requirements.
- Qualification in sales, marketing or business.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Account management in a B2B environment.
- Knowledge of and experience working within UK food retailing industry. Experience of selling Technology Solution/PC based products would be advantageous.
- Fully literate in office tools such as Microsoft Office Suite & a CRM tool.
- Ability to carry out formal presentations to customers at all levels within their organisational structure. Either individually or as part of a team.
- Valid UK driving licence and good driving record is
- Resourceful, self-motivated and target driven with the ability to work independently.
- This is a home-based role.
- Extensive travel within the UK, with trips to head office in Haverhill, Suffolk.
- Possible overseas travel required for training/exhibitions
- Comfortable working occasionally in food processing environments which includes meat processing, sometimes in low temperatures.
As a Global Organisation with a turnover over $1 billion worldwide, and around 4000 employees, they are now moving into a new phase of their growth.
They have an exciting investment programme to grow, building on the success of their industrial business, they are now moving forward to take their exciting products into the retail, hospitality and logistics sectors and expanding their presence in the UK market. Their head office is based on their site near Cambridge.
They are looking for ambitious people to join them. If you want to be a key player in their future success and believe you have the drive and skills to join their dynamic team at this exciting time of growth, then get in touch?