Business Development Manager | Audio | HiFi Equipment
Our client, a leading global manufacturer of premium stereo music systems are looking for a full time Business Development Manager to join the UK team and drive new business within the specialist Hi Fi audio retail sector. You will report directly to the Sales Director and be responsible for pro-actively increasing sales to existing and new customers in order to meet or exceed your sales targets. This role will responsible for sales in the Northern part of the UK.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working to agreed revenue targets and ensuring there is a sufficient pipeline to achieve these targets
- Identifying new business opportunities and feeding these into your pipeline
- Building relationships with new & existing customers over the phone, via email, and in face to face meetings
- Maintaining accurate and up to date customer details stored in the CRM system
- Reporting your performance on a weekly and monthly basis to senior management
- You will have strong selling and negotiation skills
- Ideally have some experience selling audio products or services into retailers
- Be highly motivated with strong commercial awareness
- Ideally have some knowledge of the Hi Fi audio sector
- Have strong numeracy and analytical skills with an eye for detail
- Be proactive and self-motivating, as this is a field based sales role
- Love listening to music, and be able to communicate this passion to retail staff and Distributors
- Have good communication skills, enabling you to inspire retail staff to also get excited about what the products can do.
Our client is a long-standing and renowned brand that manufactures and sells iconic, high performance Hi-Fi products through retail in the UK and Distribution across Europe. The business was formed more than 30 years ago and are known for developing some of the most exciting and acoustically excellent Hi-Fi products in the world. At its core, the company believes that people listen to music because it triggers some form of emotional response, and therefore they strive to deepen and intensify that experience through accurate reproduction of the sound, nuances and emotion put into the recording by the artist.
They consistently receives plaudits for its products, and has won more than 52 major international awards in last ten years. The business has formidable experience and skill in electronics and software engineering, as a result of its research and development (“R&D”) heritage. Each product undergoes assiduous tuning and testing to ensure that the very best sound is being achieved within the budget constraints applied to the product. Thirty years of cumulative design experience ensures that the best possible performance is squeezed out of new technologies and design innovations, them at the forefront of the industry.