Energy Consultant| Business Development | Energy Supply Sector | Innovative Company
The energy sector is currently in a state of major change, with new technologies and consumer patterns and demands all helping to shape an increasingly complex energy landscape. It’s an exciting time to be involved in the industry, why? Because you can you can work in many different areas, it’s constantly evolving, there are many opportunities to progress, you can work in different environments and you’ll be kept challenged and busy.
- Do you have experience of consulting and developing business within the innovative Energy Supply Sector?
- Are you a solution led Business Developer who can offer expertise in the Energy Sector?
- Do you want to work for a fast growing entrepreneurial and innovative company who are making a difference within the energy commodities market?
- Do you have the ability to gain broad knowledge of multiple industry sectors?
If you are intrigued by the above, please read on to gain more insight into this dynamic organisation.
Our client is uniquely positioned as a full-service efficiency partner to organisations who intend to reduce energy, water and carbon usage to improve sustainability.
A fast-growing innovative UK based company with International trade in Energy saving products.
Turnover last year was £3 Million, this year will be £5 Million with growth projected to £40 Million within 5 years. They now want to develop out a material business unit in 2019 that majors on offering new customers and existing customers a smarter way to buy their commodity i.e. Electricity, Gas and Water.
Their aim is to major on renewable supply and innovative packages and billing solutions, joining the commodity supply with the demand management elements. Their recent deal with a major Energy company will be their major focus, but other suppliers’ opportunities will still be considered and used where appropriate Please note they are not an Energy Broker.
Reporting to their Head of Sales you will be part of a specialist business unit.
Key responsibilities will include: –
- Working towards achieving market leadership in renewable energy.
- Selling the renewable energy range of products to customers in the selected markets across residential and commercial customers
- Developing sales strategies and setting targets and KPIs
- Lead on new business sales process from initial prospecting through to contract negotiation
- Identify and present new renewable energy options to clients
- Define and prioritise key clients, identify and engage emerging clients, lead strategic decisions on which clients to pursue/not to pursue and ensure a healthy pipeline of revenue opportunities.
- Take a key role in preparing the annual business plan and strategies for a Business and residential offering
- Build and maintain sales pipeline to achieve overall KPI’s and sales targets
- Develop strong business relationships with new and existing customers through outbound calling to prospects, website generated leads and specific marketing campaigns to maximise business potential
- Increase sales year on year and Increase the customer LTV
- Identify and assist with development of new products and services for business customers.
- Actively participate in key customer interactions and engagement and hold assigned key client relationships at senior level.
- Raise company’s profile through enhanced industry and media presence.
- Create product packages based on assessment of customers’ or potential customers’ needs.
- Take lead with customers to develop and close sales opportunities in switching energy tariffs
- Analyse and evaluate energy supply bids to determine the best options. Price energy based on market conditions and negotiate prices or contracts for energy sales or purchases.
- Monitor energy supply contracts to ensure proper implementation and execution by suppliers.
- Promote and advise on compatible products, services and potential savings whilst maintaining high levels of customer service
- Leverage our existing online and enterprise / INC client base
- Manage own workload to deliver against KPIs and metrics
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a successful commercial (sales/business development) background with at least 3 years’ experience with in the energy supply sector
- Knowledge of renewable energy business and energy markets (regulation).
- Experience of selling into Corporate companies and SME organisations
- Able to evidence pipeline development and growth strategies to ensure forward opportunity
- Have experience of consultative sales approach to clients, analytical thinking with strong planning and organisational skills
- Ability to influence key decision makers and proven high level of pure new business delivery
- Strong market awareness, including understanding of energy contract arrangements and billing options
- Excellent IT skills with significant experience of using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc…); including use of CRM databases
- You will be a collaborative team player who works effectively with a variety of different people, treating all colleagues with respect and courtesy in a professional manner and, who is supportive regardless of differing opinions
- You will be resilient and comfortable working in a fast paced and evolving environment and be flexible to adjust plans to cope with the unexpected. You will also have the ability to work calmly under pressure
- Adaptable and flexible
- You must be able to demonstrates initiative and deliver a co-ordinated approach to problem solving for the customer, especially when liaising with other depts.
- You will be focused on Company requirements as well as team requirements when assisting customers and in turn seeking mutually beneficial solutions for the Company and the Customer. (We can change the YOU to The Ideal candidate etc)
To be part of this great team you will be:
- Proactive, driven and enthusiastic in all things sales
- A first-class communicator who is able to deal with both operational and C Suite audiences
- Accountable and solution focused
- Happy to work under your own initiative and with others
- Entrepreneurial in your approach to working, not afraid to try new things
- Able to confidently present your findings on how the business can improve
- An understanding of the market for within b2b solutions
- Customer account planning and forecasting experience
- Experience of developing new business in the renewables sector
- The ability to generate high quality proposal submissions and marketing material
- The ability to contribute to the development and execution of their sales strategy
- Systematic approach to prioritising and planning business development activity
- Ability to translate customer feedback into product development processes
- Track record of successful relationship and revenue development
- Commercial and price negotiation skills
What do they offer in return?
- A competitive salary, pension scheme, life assurance and other benefits
- The ability to build your own business unit with profit share
- High level of autonomy to shape your own success
- An existing platform that is already attracting an ever-growing number of customers that are interested in their products
- Company car
- Easy access offices with on-site parking
- The opportunity to be part of a fast-growing, local company with a national presence (and beyond!)